The Alpha course is an opportunity to explore the Christian faith, whether you are a newcomer to church or simply want to brush up on the basics. It’s relaxed and fun, and a place where people can come and ask questions, delve into issues and look for answers together.
The course consists of a series of talks looking at topics such as ‘Who is Jesus?’ and ‘Why and how do I pray?’ After each talk, we divide into small groups for a time of discussion.
The course will run on seven Wednesday evenings from 13 October (with a break for the half-term week), ending on 1st December. We will start with a meal from 7.30pm, with the session proper kicking off at 8pm and finishing by 9.45pm.
Launch Dinner with Bishop Paul Williams
Friday October 1st 7.45pm
Join us for a special invitation dinner to help launch our Alpha Course this term – part of All Souls’ 10th Birthday Celebrations. More information and to book in.
Frequently asked questions…
- Atheists, Agnostics, not-sure-ists… but willing to ask the big questions of life
- Parents of children being (or who’ve been) baptised
- People who’d like to ‘brush up on the basics’ of their faith – or that of their spouse
- …in fact, anyone who’d like the opportunity to hear more about the Christian faith and discuss it in an informal and unpressurised environment.
- Who Is Jesus and why did he die?
- Why and how should I pray and how should I read the bible?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Does God heal today?
- …and more!
- The Alpha Supper – a special meal and introductory talk – is on Friday 1st October.
- The course starts on Wednesday 13th October (7.30 for an 8pm start)…
- …and finishes on 1st December
- Nothing! The course is free.
- …though donations will be welcome to cover meal costs.
- Friday 1st October – a special dinner with guest speaker to introduce the course.