Our aim for Explorers is for toddlers and pre-schoolers to enjoy their time with us in a safe and welcoming environment and to begin to experience bible stories and simple crafts together.
Explorers is available from the point in the service when the rest of the children go to their own groups. On All-age service Sundays (for example at Christmas and Easter), there may be toys/activities laid out in the small hall for this age-group.
In the afternoon service, this group is combined with the Gems group, but still meets here in the Studio.
We use the Studio building (next to the church, accessed through the garden via the halls). As you register your child they can come in to a free play start to the session, once everyone is in they have a story which then is followed by juice and biscuits. After these structured times the children have free play again with a craft activity added. They end by everyone helping to tidy up and have song time.
Parents are welcome to stay and settle their child into Explorers or you may opt to leave them with the team.
New to Explorers?
- RegistrationIf your child is new to Explorers, do registration your child (online here) so that we know such things as to whether your child has any allergies we should be aware of, whether they can have a drink and biscuit.
- Sign inPlease sign your child into Explorers each week. They will be given a name sticker to wear.
- Leaving your childIf your child is happy to stay in Explorers on their own please ensure that you have completed the register.
- Drink and a biscuitWe give the children a drink and biscuit so if you would rather they did not have one, or if they are unable to have certain types please let us know.
- Nappies and toilets!It would be helpful if you could take your child to the toilet before they come into Explorers, but there is a toilet in the studio if needed. For those in nappies, we will come and find you as soon as possible.
- Collecting your childPlease collect your child promptly after the service.